The CyberGenerations program covers basic topics of and provides additional resources which can help our seniors identify potential cyberattacks directed at them or their loved ones.
- Introduction - Cybersecurity 101: Helps learn the basics of cybersecurity, including the physical threats to cyber safety and the importance of personally identifiable information.
- Module 1 - Password Management: The importance of maintaining good password hygiene and tips on creating strong, unique passwords.
- Module 2 - Common Internet Threats: Raise awareness about malware, social engineering methods (phishing, vishing, etc.) and public Wi-Fi tips to avoid becoming victims of cybercrime.
- Module 3 - Internet Scams and Fraud: Different types of scams targeting seniors, how to recognize false customer service calls, identity theft, and online shopping tips.
- Module 4 - Social Media Safety: Understanding privacy settings, becoming mindful of the various social media scams, and information about social media etiquette.
- Self-Help Resources: Direct contact information for government and local resources
The program is designed to have an instructor present the CyberGenerations curriculum to a community of senior citizens attending the workshop. The program was designed to be given over five 1-hour sessions with the initial session being an introduction of cybersecurity with four subsequent meetings where individual modules will be presented and discussed.
The CyberGenerations Self-Paced Guide acts as supplementary material with additional information on the topics discussed during the presentations.
The CyberGenerations Senior Citizens’ Cyber Safety kit includes:
- CyberGenerations Interest Flyer that can be shared for generating interest and recruiting participants.
- CyberGenerations Curriculum for the workshop.
- CyberGenerations Self-Paced Guide for the participants with additional material for each module.
- CyberGenerations Instructor Guide containing module information and notes for the curriculum.
- Printable activities and answer keys specifically designed for each session.