Given current social distancing and shelter in place regulations, along with the uncertainty of what lies ahead in the coming months surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we are providing the following additional information regarding the way ahead for the 2020 season of AFA CyberCamps.
2020 camp sessions will be made available on a virtual platform, allowing camp coordinators and instructors to carry out their camps without having to meet at a physical location. Host organizations will be given authorization to share and send the virtual image files needed for the camps to participating students. We are working to solidify the exact means by which the camps will be delivered (Canvas, Webex, etc.) and will have additional information as it becomes available.
Additionally, there have been several updates regarding camp registration:
- The deadline to register to host a camp has been extended through May 31, 2020.
- Currently registered camps may request to change the week in which they are hosting their camps (to a later date), so long as the request for the change is made more than two weeks in-advanced of their original camp date.
- Scheduled weeks will remain the same. We are unfortunately unable to extend the 2020 camp sessions into the fall or winter.
- Should you need to cancel your camp, you must do so no later than 15 days prior to the start of your camp to receive a full refund. A 50% refund will be given to camps canceled within 14 days from the camp start date.
- The payment deadline has been extended to September 15, 2020. (Fee reductions are still available to registered camps)
Have questions? Contact AFACyberCamps@uscyberpatriot.org.