What is CyberPatriot?
CyberPatriot is the premier national high school cyber defense competition designed to excite, educate, and motivate the next generation of cyber defenders critical to our nation’s future security. The competition has a tournament-style tiered structure with a series of web-based competition rounds that culminate in the National Finals in Washington, D.C. in March 2013.
- Gaming skills are put to the test by presenting students with practical cybersecurity scenarios within a videogame-like architecture
- Students learn to protect their networks against malicious intrusion perpetrated by the “red team,” made up of real life cyber experts
- Students collaborate with team members, fostering the exchange of shared knowledge about network and data protection
Encourages Cyber and STEM Education:
- Addresses the steady decline in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) trained students which adversely impact U.S. economic competitiveness and national security
- Presents cybersecurity within a videogame-like architecture which excites students while exposing them to real world career opportunities
- Introduces students to a career path they can follow through college by studying STEM disciplines which will eventually lead to an exciting, in-demand career essential to national security